Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Connecting The Polka Dots

The "Industrial Mall" that is to be Pale Moon Plaza is a dream at this point; but what is the saying, "Be who you want to be and you shall become who you want to become"? No that isn't it, but I think you get the drift. I like this one, since I can't remember the one I want to remember, “If you care enough for a result, you will most certainly attain it.”   

Every day it seems that there is something new to learn before getting on with the business of getting on with business. So in determining to get Pale Moon Plaza off and running, Moving and Shaking so to speak, my SBA adviser suggested I advertise on Craig's List to solicit for people who want to start their own business. Navigating Craig's List is an all day affair for me at this point. I haven't had much luck so think better of spending that time just now.

I thought I would start with posting it on facebook. You have to pick your battles.

I did a great deal of research (another one of those things to do before getting on with business) for what to call this idea. I settled on plaza, even rather than mall because of how plaza is described, "Plaza is a Spanish word related to 'field' which describes an open urban public space, such as a city square." Mall seemed to imply something too commercial to describe the intent of this venture. 

When I was trying to think up a name for the plaza, (SBA homework) I started domain name searches. Somehow in my surfing, I wound up finding  Arthur O'Shaughnessy's Ode from his collection of poems Music and Moonlight:
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;—
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
According to Wikipedia the phrase "movers and shaker" originated here.

I like what the people at phrases.org have to say to explain movers and shakers: "People of energetic demeanor, who initiate change and influence events."

The vision is for this to be a place for the ones who can do, to do, and for it to benefit the community in every thing it does.
 
Industry refers to the production of an economic goods (either material or a service) within an economy.(according, again, to Wikipedia). Under economy it goes on to say "the economic agents that socially participate in the production, exchange, distribution, and consumption of goods and services of that area." 

The business of doing business requires an attitude of can do. 

The dream of Pale Moon Plaza comes from my own awareness that the trend is moving to locally sustained economies. The scale of economy is moving in the direction of community based sharing of resources, labor and energy.

We are a community especially equipped to determine to use what we have and create our own success not only because of the hardships we see before us, but in spite of them. Because we know we can and we know we must, providing our own successes is within our grasp, if we can believe.

The days are gone for depending on outside revenue and resources to determine our own survival. We have to use what we have and make the most of it.

The vision for this plaza will become reality to the degree that there are others who want success and personal well being and believe they can step outside of the false security provided by myth to determine their own destiny, one of their own choosing, one colored to their personal dream of accomplishment and satisfaction.

William James quotes:
“Man can alter his life by altering his thinking.”

“There is but one cause of human failure. And that is man's lack of faith in his true Self.”
“I don't sing because I'm happy; I'm happy because I sing.” 
“The sovereign cure for worry is prayer.”

I have done a lot toward getting to my dream of independence from employment other than of my own - self-employed, entrepreneur, business owner... I can live with those labels.

For anyone out there who wants to shed the ownership that employment entails, there is a space available in Pale Moon Plaza with your name on it.

It will be a place for Movers and Shakers to initiate change and influence events. We don't have to change the world to change our place in it.

Pale Moon Plaza will be a site of personal industry utilizing resources we share or mutually need and a venue for marketing what we create. It will be a place for the community to gather (public square) to share ideas, produce goods and services and enjoy each others company.

Lollipops & Polka Dots will be a mainstay at Pale Moon Plaza in the very near future. Now that's believing.



























No comments:

Post a Comment