Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

So, Anyway...


We decided in my family that that phrase is a save space, a way to keep the other one from speaking until a thought finishes congealing...so as not to loose audience with the person you're in conversation with...
So, anyway....Today my friend called with exciting news of a building in her town that looks just like the building we have always dreamed about to be able to share a business together in. 
She was on her lunch break and instead of trusting email to suffice, she called. I don't think I said "so anyway" but I managed to keep interrupting her to get my point..s across...just how excited about it I am and all the ideas I have about how we could get it started. I wanted to share all the new insight I have gained about just how to make a business work. She has plans to see the building and wanted to know if I had any things I wanted her to pay special attention to. I told her I would Google fly over it and Google drive around it to see what vibes I get about it. In the mean time, I told her that the only issue I had was how to deal with my pets (they aren't as enthusiastic about living in a cardboard box as I am). It appears that I would be able to live above the lower shop just as I have always dreamed to be able to do. I told my friend that I could manage any way we had to go to make our dream come true, but the "girls and boy" of my household would want to have a so anyway...("where will we pee, where will we have to be during the day, when will we ever see you...?") to say about it.

There are so many logistical issues each and every day about navigating through life. 

My friend was so excited to tell me that the current business is a tailor shop, since "tailoring" is one of the things I am doing. While we spoke, I was in the process of shortening some sleeves on a tweed jacket for a man and was in the reality of just how unskilled I am at actual tailoring, especially after the fact. I lamented that I didn't think I could expect to be very successful with that idea. She just thought it was a coincidence, maybe a sign? 

So, anyway...after we hung up, I went straight for the Cheetos to stave off my anxiety...I shared a few with Stevie and Mudgie then got on the computer to Google drive by the property in question. It was lovely. My ideas started percolating...
She and I have been friends since freshman year in high school. We are now seniors (not in high school).

There are so many logistical things...oh, I already said that. Well, the point is, ya just have to get on with it. Quit putting obstacles in your own path and begin to begin.
I started thinking about all the successes I see every day. I started to make obstacles..."my camera isn't good enough to post that picture", "I don't have enough done already to" ....blah, blah, blah! Obstacles. So, I took my funky little camera out in the yard dragging a nice chair I have with me to use as a prop. Well, that didn't work, would have to scoop the poop first. So I just laid it out on the "Jackson Pollack" style floor I painted recently and took a couple shots. Then I tried to navigate Picassa and had a learning curve there. Finally I saw the download button and said, "that will suffice", click...here are the pics of the apron that I think...hmm..maybe Stampington will use it in their Apron.ology publication...??? Who knows. 
Ya just have to get on with gettin' on....
So, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment